(636) 891-8004 ext 21
Fax: (636) 891-9700
301 Sovereign Court, Suite 100
Ballwin, Missouri 63011-4435
Subscribe to our emails
Keep up with the latest news, information and inspiration.
Message From Linda: COVID-19 District Resources
posted on March 18
Dear Pastors and Church Leaders,
I am grateful for the quick and creative ways you are rising to the challenges of continuing to be the church as we live into new realities with COVID-19. From packing lunches for kids who are out of school and have a need for food, to creative ways of praying and worshiping online, or making phone calls and sending cards to those who are home-bound or living alone your faithful witness shines a light of hope and gospel promise in a difficult time.
The following are some resources you might find helpful in meeting the needs of your churches:
- Communion. If your church is online, using Facebook Live, or gathering by Conference Call pastors can officiate communion by asking people to place their hands over the bread and cup they will be consuming at home while the pastor prayers the prayer of consecration.
- Linked below (Click View File) you will find a Quick Guide for recording and posting video messages from your phone or tablet on your church's Facebook page. You can use Facebook to post daily prayers or devotions, worship message on Sundays, or words of encouragement to your congregation.
- Free conference call services provide opportunities by telephone (a comfortable option for many in our churches) for prayer teams to continue their work, to hold a meeting, or to gather several people into conversation together. The website is www.freeconferencecall.com You receive a dedicated phone number and people call that number to enter the conversation. It is completely free, or you can pay $3.95 a month to remove the need of an access code. The $3.95 could be worthwhile to remove any barriers for people.
- If you do not have an online giving option in your congregation, 3 of our district churches have offered their online giving services as another way your church can continue to give in the coming weeks. They will create a tab with your church's name on their online site, and write your church a check for the amount contributed. The churches who can host you and their contact information are as follows:
- First (Festus-Crystal City) - Tish Green 314-313-5399
- Church of the Shepherd - Jon Spalding 816-294-2394
- SunRise - Jim Blue 636-675-1851
- There are also resources on the Annual Conference website that will guide you in setting up online giving directly for your church.
- You can join one of our district congregations online for worship Sunday mornings. While each of these churches has suspended in person gatherings, they will offer worship services each Sunday. Go to their website on Sunday morning and click the worship link (be sure to check out their website in advance for worship times). These churches are:
- Most importantly, utilize the conference website. COVID-19 resources appear immediately on the home page and include information such as communications from the Bishop, how to set up Facebook Live for your church, prayers, free online meeting tools, and so much more. The Annual Conference website is an incredible resource for local churches. Please use it. https://www.moumethodist.org/
Grace and Peace,